1.19.2011

So this was christmas

And what have I done...
Well to tell you the truth, a lot of nothing and a ton of something. Meaning I've been super busy with work and other work commitments and then my daughter and I were sick with sinus infections and mucous, so that wasn't pretty. And you all know how it is around the holidays, shopping, cleaning, cooking. I'm not trying to make excuses but I also didn't want to post pics until I learned the ins and outs of my new camera. Yay, I ordered myself as an early christmas present a Nikon D7000 and it took forever to come in.

I know its way past christmas but I figure I can still get away with it since there is still snow on the ground.

This year I started from scratch and went with all white decorations on my tree. I went and purchased the white porcelain feathers and white porcelain acorns and a couple of origami birds. I love the look of them cuz they are unglazed porcelain instead of the glossy look that plates have. It's a more modern version I guess of porcelain. I also bought some porcelain keys from Kohls that were on discount for 2 bucks a pop. I added some white glass ornaments and some silver and champagne gold sparkly thinga-ma-jigs. It wasn't as complete as I wanted it to be but the porcelain feathers and origami birds set me back quite a bit and it's really hard to find white bulbs that looks glamorous without looking cheap on the cheap. Topping the tree off was a silver glitter star and on the bottom was a white sequined silk shantung skirt that was picked up at Hobby Lobby for 50% off which made it $30.

This year was the first year I used the LED lights, not sure I like them, they give off a blue tone that I never had when I used the regular lights. Maybe I'll go back to my Martha Stewart pearl bulbs next year.


Until then, here is what my tree looked like this year, I still think pics never do a tree justice, but here goes nothin...



2 comments:

  1. These are some great photos. I am in the market for a new camera. What type camera do you use. I am currently looking at the Nikon D3000 bundle. It seems really cost effective.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could see the tree lit at night...maybe next year :-/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails