3.05.2010

Chicken tortilla soup

When your craving something salty, crunchy, creamy, and sour at the same time this hits the spot. I know there are numerous tortilla soup recipes and a majority of them are tomato based but this one is a lighter version, plus my 2 yr old can eat this without screaming "ohh its spicy!!" every time she takes a bite.


I love this soup on a cold winter day or even on a day when you want something thats filling but not heavy.  It has the salty, crunchy texture of the tortilla, which to save calories and time I don't deep fry I coat with  tiny bit of oil and pop in the oven. The creamy of the avocado, the sour of the broth, since I squeeze in a liberal amount of lime into the bowl, and the crispness of the cilantro and spiciness of the tipatio hot sauce. Yum




This soup is based on chicken rosol that I added ingredients to in order to make this tortilla soup.





1 comment:

  1. Great picture...makes me want to go out and make it today...HMM?

    where do you add the tapatio hot sauce? Into the broth?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails