4.29.2010

Blooming Trees and bumblebees

I promised I would post something about the Botanic gardens and not just the antique show that happened  week ago, these are a few from the gardens. If you live in the area, it truly is a nice place to visit.



The japanese gardens are probably my favorite, they have little pagodas and mugo pines and a japanese style bridge along the paths.







These trees I named the crew cut trees but they are amazing, there is a path that is lined on both sides with theses trees and looking down the path it looks really cool. The photos you are able to take here are amazing the light is filtered and its full of color. Just fantastic.





There are also the inside gardens as I call them, but they are actually green houses with a different type of environment in each house. This one was gardenias and palms and venus flytraps, among others.



The palm trees in the green house.



This is the little bumblebee that came with us, matching his yellow shoes.



I hope you find my pics interesting enough to get you to go, if your ever in the Chicago area. It really is a great way to spend the day.




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to go sometime in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm trying again for the summer also, but maybe on a weekday cuz it seems to get really busy on the weekend or try to go early in the morning, less people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics and beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails